Note: Hi, buddies! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something further, and is a pleasant method to assist assist this web site! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
We’re on the eve of Valentine’s Day and I used to be craving one thing candy that I might additionally use as an excuse to bust out my heart-shaped silicon mould to make use of for heart-shaped pats of buttery unfold. So, I channeled my interior Leslie Knope and determined to make some pink velvet-inspired vegan keto waffles! I actually love waffles as a result of they’re tremendous straightforward to make and actually scrumptious…and did I point out that they’re super-easy to make?
Traditionally, pink velvet cake was made utilizing dutch-process cocoa, which reacted with the acid within the cake from buttermilk, and turned pink. Sometimes beets have been used for colour as nicely, and that is what we’re going to riff off of right here. I additionally actually like utilizing beets as a result of they’re wealthy in antioxidants and have been proven to be heart-protective in research. Yay! Beets additionally work properly, as the flavour is well-masked by chocolate, which we’re additionally utilizing.
Up subsequent in our ingredient lineup is lupin flour. I haven’t used lupin flour an excessive amount of up to now as a result of it at all times appeared to dear to me. But, I’ve began utilizing it much more lately as a result of I simply actually prefer it, and it’s definitely worth the value. Lupins are low in problematic lectins, excessive in protein (together with the elusive amino acid lysine), and really low in carbs. The flour on this recipe is just 1g of internet carbs, however packs 12g of protein. Crazy! Using lupin flour additionally implies that this vegan keto waffle recipe is just not solely gluten-free, but additionally coconut-free, soy-free and usually nut-free. Good information for these of us with allergy symptoms!
Anyway, I actually hope you’re keen on this recipe! If you make it, I’d like to see on social media, so be at liberty to tag @meatfreeketo on instagram or twitter (or simply go away a remark!). One of my favourite components of developing with these recipes (except for the consuming, after all) is seeing what you guys make and the enjoyable twists you placed on the unique.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Red Velvet Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free)
- Real speak – these aren’t tremendous pink, however you would treatment this with a further tsp of beet powder or your favourite meals dye!
- If you’ll be able to’t observe down cacao butter (or don’t need to), you’ll be able to substitute it for two tbsp of vegan cream cheese or coconut manna.
- The granulated sweetener I take advantage of is from Lakanto (and you’ll save 20% with the code MEATFREEKETO on their web site), however you should utilize any granulated sweetener, or omit it when you like issues on the less-sweet aspect! They additionally make my absolute favourite sugar-free syrup of all time. Highly suggest it.
- I are likely to eat this complete factor on one sitting, as a result of it’s about 1/four of my day by day internet carb consumption for the entire thing, however it’s additionally filling sufficient to solely eat half of directly.
- I sometimes prime this with the aforementioned Lakanto sugar-free syrup and a vegan buttery unfold or some coconut cream! I additionally prefer to toss on some frozen raspberries, which is what the pink issues within the image are.
- Unfortunately, you’ll be able to’t actually use flax right here rather than the psyllium. While it’ll maintain the dough collectively, it does crumble once you attempt to take it out of the waffle maker. You might make pancakes out of this recipe, utilizing a tbsp of floor flax as an alternative of the psyllium although!
- As talked about above, you may make pancakes out of this recipe when you don’t have a waffle maker!
- While I try to supply correct dietary info, completely different manufacturers and forms of components could have differing nutrient values, so your calculations could fluctuate.
Vegan Keto Red Velvet Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free)
These pink velvet-inspired vegan keto waffles are scrumptious and straightforward to make. Plus, they’re gluten-free, coconut-free and soy-free!
- 1 small cooked & peeled beet (about 2oz/56g)
- 1.5 tbsp melted cacao butter OR 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener (optionally available, when you like issues on the sweeter aspect)
- 1/four cup (60ml) nondairy milk of selection
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/four cup (30g) lupin flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp complete psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- half of tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, based on the producer’s directions and frivolously grease along with your most well-liked oil.
- In a meals processor, mix the beet, cacao butter, nondairy milk & apple cider vinegar. Process till comparatively clean (the cacao butter could begin to solidify once more a bit, however you mainly simply need the massive chunks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining components till completely mixed.
- Add the dry components to the meals course of and pulse till a homogeneous dough kinds.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens.
- Make waffles based on your waffle maker directions. I take advantage of a touch waffle maker (not the mini one) and this recipe makes one huge waffle in that, that I cut up into items. I additionally normally wait till the little gentle goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle calm down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and sweetener to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!
While this recipe is written to be coconut-free, you’ll be able to exchange the lupin flour with coconut flour if want be!