Note: Hi, associates! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a little bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this website! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I promised myself that I might wait a little bit longer earlier than going loopy with pumpkin spice recipes, and but right here we’re… At the identical time, the air the place I’m is cool and crisp and it simply feels proper to comply with my coronary heart (and my style buds) and make these vegan keto pumpkin spice protein waffles. This is one other a type of recipes that I make for myself on a regular basis, and at last determined to put in writing down and publish, and now that it’s September, I don’t really feel so bizarre about sharing it. I began making these in July, however figured I might maintain off on posting it, in order to appear much less obsessive about fall meals…
Like the entire recipes on this website, these protein waffles are low-carb, keto-friendly and gluten-free. As an added bonus, this specific recipe additionally occurs to be coconut-free, nut-free, soy-free and bean-free usually. Plus, there are solely 5.7g of internet carbs per serving, and nearly 23g of plant protein, which is fairly thrilling in case you ask me. Now, in case you’re questioning in regards to the pumpkin in right here, relaxation assured you’ll be able to eat pumpkin on a keto food regimen. While it’s a bit too excessive in carbs to scarf down a complete can in a single sitting, you’ll be able to simply sneak canned pumpkin into your macros right here and there with out an excessive amount of budgeting. In truth, the canned pumpkin required for this recipe solely has about 3g of internet carbs.
Anywho, I received’t blather on about these for too lengthy. I simply actually hope you take pleasure in them! If you make these and wish to share, I like seeing posts on instagram – simply make sure you tag @meatfreeketo within the picture itself so I’ll see it! Otherwise, it may get misplaced in a sea of notifications.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
- If you don’t wish to use protein powder, here’s a recipe for pumpkin spice vegan keto waffles with out protein powder!
- Alternatively, you’ll be able to substitute the protein powder right here for an equal quantity/weight of lupin flour.
- The waffle maker I take advantage of is the Dash Mini-maker. I’ve been utilizing this waffle maker for years and have by no means had something persist with it. I extremely suggest it. It is wonderful. My earlier waffle iron principally caught to every little thing, regardless of how a lot I oiled issues up. So, I firmly consider that the waffle iron used makes an enormous distinction.
- The syrup I like is from Lakanto. Fun truth: You can really save 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto!
- I can’t stress this sufficient: learn the labels! I’ve, on a couple of event, bought pumpkin pie filling as an alternative of pumpkin pie puree. Pumpkin pie filling is pre-spiced and likewise filled with sugar, whereas pumpkin puree is simply pureed, cooked pumpkin. Big, vital distinction.
- While I try to supply correct dietary data, your calculations might differ a bit. This is particularly true with protein powders, so make sure you learn the label fastidiously.
Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
These protein-rich, low-carb vegan keto pumpkin spice waffles are a scrumptious and straightforward strategy to begin off any fall morning!
- 1 pumpkin puree (~60g)
- 1.5 tbsp room-temp vegan butter substitute or olive oil
- 1/four cup (60ml) water or milk of alternative
- 1 scoop (~30g) vanilla protein powder (I used this one from Garden of Life)
- 1 tbsp entire psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, in line with the producer’s directions and calmly grease along with your most well-liked oil, in case you discover that your waffle iron is a bit sticky.
- In a small bowl, mash collectively the pumpkin, butter substitute & water with a fork till comparatively easy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining elements till totally mixed.
- Stir the dry elements into the moist elements till every little thing is evenly distributed.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens. You ought to have the ability to scoop it, and it should not be pourable. If it’s nonetheless a little bit loose-looking, add an extra tbsp of the protein powder.
- Make waffles in line with your waffle maker directions. I take advantage of a touch waffle maker and break it up into three little waffles as a result of I like making a stack out of them. I additionally normally wait till the little gentle goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle quiet down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and any sweetener current in your protein powder to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!