Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – among the hyperlinks on this web site are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant approach to assist assist this web site! I additionally wish to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I actually like mint and chocolate, and considered one of my favourite wintery treats was that peppermint bark that was mainly a layer of mint-flavored darkish chocolate, coated by a layer of white chocolate after which topped with crushed peppermint candies. Since completely no a part of the unique sweet is keto-friendly (or vegan, for that matter), I assumed I’d make my very own model to fulfill that craving in a sugar-free approach.
Like with most recipes, these don’t style precisely just like the dessert they’re modeled after – for starters, they’re not loaded with sugar! Looking on the image, you’ll in all probability discover that these aren’t topped with peppermint sweet. While sugar-free peppermints do exist, they’re loaded with sweeteners that are likely to upset my abdomen, in order that they’re a no-go for me. I made a decision as a substitute to make use of cacao nibs to offer some crunch and taste with out the GI misery.
I’m additionally now realizing that I discuss my digestive points loads right here…
Anywho, the cacao nibs I used listed below are from Keto Dose and are barely sweetened with prebiotic yacon and monkfruit. I believe they add a extremely scrumptious crunch to fats bombs and yogurt and so they’ve been my go-to cacao nibs for some time. Full disclosure: the corporate did initially ship me a free bag to strive, however I’ve been shopping for them myself since!
These vacation treats are dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, vegan and freed from added sugars. They’re additionally low-FODMAP, paleo and compliant on low-lectin meal plans just like the Plant Paradox. While the recipe does include coconut, there are alternatives for making it coconut-free within the notes under! I attempted to make these as accessible to everybody, as a result of I actually love this combo and simply wish to share it with the world!
If you make these, I’d love to listen to about it and any changes you could have tried – it’s at all times so enjoyable to see how recipes are tailored. 🙂
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Peppermint Bark Fat Bombs
- Because the cacao nibs I take advantage of are already evenly sweetened, I discover I don’t want so as to add any further sweetener to the fats bombs themselves!
- If you do want to add sweetener, I like to recommend utilizing just a few drops of liquid stevia, which is able to combine into the opposite components greatest.
- You might make these completely coconut-free by doubling the darkish chocolate within the base and omitting the coconut oil after which utilizing cacao butter as a substitute of coconut oil within the white chocolate filling, and soy milk powder rather than the coconut milk powder.
- This recipe doubles actually properly, if you wish to make a bigger batch.
- While I try to supply correct dietary info, totally different manufacturers of components can have totally different dietary values, so your calculations could fluctuate!
Special Tools and Ingredients for Making Vegan Keto Peppermint Bark Fat Bombs
I’m typically requested to listing the precise manufacturers of the components I take advantage of in recipes, so listed below are the important thing gamers in these peppermint fats bombs! I additionally included the chocolate mildew, as a result of it’s fairly darn cute.
Vegan Keto Peppermint Bark Fat Bombs
These deliciously minty, low-carb, sugar-free peppermint bark fats bombs are a pleasant dairy-free and vegan keto deal with to get pleasure from on the holidays!
- Chop up your contemporary mint (if utilizing) after which add to a small bowl with the darkish chocolate, 2 tbsp of coconut oil and non-compulsory extract or sweetener. Heat gently over a double boiler till melted and stir collectively totally. The mint leaves will kind of wilt and appear to vanish within the chocolate.
- Divide the melted chocolate combination evenly into 12 wells of a silicone chocolate mildew and chill within the fridge or freezer till strong (30-45 minutes).
- When the darkish chocolate has chilled, soften collectively the cacao butter, coconut milk powder, vanilla and sweetener (if utilizing) and stir till mixed. Scoop this combination over the darkish chocolate layer to cowl. Sprinkle the fats bombs with cacao nibs and return to the freezer or fridge to sit back one other hour or two, till the fats bombs are fully strong.
This recipe can simply be doubled to make twice the fats bombs! Also to notice, the “cook time” right here refers back to the time within the fridge or freezer. 🙂