Note: Hi, mates! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn a little bit money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something further, and is a pleasant manner to assist assist this website! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
If you observe me on instagram in any respect, you most likely know that I LOVE cabbage. I eat it virtually on daily basis in some type or one other, however I often find yourself simply sauteing it or making my favourite crack slaw. Sometimes, although, I need one thing that feels a little bit extra substantive, one thing noodle-y. A dish I actually preferred again after I ate actual pasta was a extremely easy dish made by sauteing cabbage and noodles in butter. This is my gluten-free, vegan, paleo and keto tackle that very meal.
This dish is really easy to make, however is sort of filling and makes for some beautiful vegan keto consolation meals, particularly on a cold fall/winter/spring day.
To make this keto noodles and cabbage dish, you want the next:
- inexperienced/white cabbage
- shirataki noodles (or zucchini noodles)
- vegan buttery unfold (the one I exploit is from my cookbook!)
- dietary yeast
- salt & pepper
- contemporary dill
The primary thought is that you simply slice the cabbage actually thinly and saute it with the cabbage within the butter unfold. Then, combine within the dietary yeast, season as you want and garnish with some chopped contemporary dill. It’s tremendous simple to make, however actually scrumptious.
This can be a dish that may be simply tailored. I typically like so as to add in hemp seeds for protein and mushrooms for some added taste and diet, however you would add in no matter greens fit your fancy.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Buttery Noodles & Cabbage (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
- I exploit the buttery unfold from my cookbook, which is entire foods-based. You can even purchase entire foods-based spreads from manufacturers like Miyoko’s Kitchen or simply use your favourite vegan butter substitute. They ought to all work!
- I prefer to serve this with some sauerkraut combined in, and also will add a tbsp or two of hemp seeds.
- If you need to make this a extra filling meal, you’ll be able to combine in as much as four tbsp of hemp seeds or toss some baked tofu on prime for added fat and protein.
- If shirataki noodles aren’t your factor, you should use zucchini noodles (or your favourite veggie noodles) as a substitute. Because zucchini noodles can’t take the warmth so long as shirataki noodles, I’d suggest throwing them in on the finish, after the cabbage is absolutely cooked and sauteing for one more minute or two till they attain the feel you’re after!
- The dietary yeast right here gives a number of the buttery taste in addition to protein and a bunch of B nutritional vitamins. Neither brewer’s yeast nor common baker’s yeast can be utilized right here as a substitute. If you don’t have dietary yeast, you’ll be able to simply go away it out.
- If you don’t have contemporary dill, you would use dried as a substitute, simply you should definitely add it in whereas every part remains to be cooking, so the flavour spreads all through the entire dish!
- While I attempt to offer correct dietary data, there are lots of manufacturers and forms of the identical ingredient with differing dietary values, so your calculations could range!
Vegan Keto Buttery Noodles & Cabbage (gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free)
This wealthy and buttery-tasting, gluten-free, vegan keto noodles and cabbage dish is nutritionally-dense and deliciously warming consolation meals.
- 2 tbsp vegan buttery unfold
- eight oz (225g) thinly sliced inexperienced/white cabbage
- 1 8oz (225g) bag of shirataki noodles
- 1/four cup (20g) dietary yeast
- salt & pepper to style
- 2 tbsp chopped contemporary dill
- Drain and rinse the noodles totally.
- In a big frying pan, saute the cabbage and noodles within the buttery unfold till the cabbage is completely delicate and the surplus liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the warmth and stir within the dietary yeast. Salt and pepper to style.
- Divide between two plates, garnish with contemporary dill and revel in!