Biscotti has at all times been one in all Matt’s favourite meals to eat alongside his espresso. Growing up in an Italian family has made some elements of keto tough, this being one in all them. That’s why we knew it was time to make a Keto Biscotti for all you Italian meals lovers! This is a recipe for the books – make it in bulk as a result of it would go fast.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
This Is Not Your Quick Keto Dessert…
Nor ought to or not it’s! As Matt acknowledged within the video, biscotti means twice baked. This recipe will take some effectively deserved time, however will depart you with a dessert that’s virtually indistinguishable from the true factor! Toasting the almonds, permitting the biscotti to chill correctly, and baking it twice are all important steps to creating the proper keto biscotti. That being stated you possibly can at all times make a distinct fast keto dessert recipe, aka mug truffles whilst you anticipate these heavenly biscottis to chill! Our favorites are our pumpkin mug cake (good for the vacation season) and our cinnamon mug cake additionally obtainable in our Fat Bomb Bible!
Is Biscotti Keto? (Why There’s No Knead for Carbs!)
This biscotti is 100% gluten free keto goodness! Sugar free keto treats may be tough to search out however these almond biscottis actually take low carb baked items to the following stage. For every keto almond biscotti it’s solely 2 grams of web carbs. Plus whip up a bulletproof cup of espresso and you’ve got a perfect excessive fats breakfast.
Almond Flour in Keto Treats
We get requested fairly a bit about if you should use almond flour in keto baked items. Almond flour is a really keto pleasant ingredient and can be utilized in a wide range of recipes, from keto scones to low carb biscuits . Coconut flour has a really distinctive absorbency that doesn’t sub simply with almond flour. This low carb almond biscotti recipe has the most effective texture as a result of it makes use of the 2 separate flours.
Can I Use Just Almond Flour?
This is the golden keto query that many individuals at all times ask. Unfortunately as acknowledged above, coconut flour could be very completely different from almond flour. These two flours are very completely different and due to this, they aren’t interchangeable. Almond flour is a three:1 hydration ratio with coconut flour so that you want 3x the quantity of almond flour. Even after altering ratios the flours nonetheless create a distinct finish product that will not be as genuine. We have tried utilizing xanthan gum to bind as a substitute of coconut flour, nevertheless xanthan gum doesn’t work as effectively to thicken and maintain these biscottis.
Both flours are low carb keto pleasant alternate options, that work nice along with each other. Trust us, these two flours will make THE finest gluten free and sugar free low carb biscotti!
If you’re on the lookout for a very good coconut flour we advocate this one. As for almond flour we’ve discovered Costco to have among the finest offers for a 1lb bag. If you aren’t a Costco shopper Amazon does nonetheless carry a wide range of almond flours as effectively.
Keto Almond Flour Cookies For The Win!
If low carb gluten free treats are your jam we’ve obtained you lined. Almond flour makes among the finest keto cookies on the market! Recently. I came upon I used to be misdiagnosed one and a half years in the past with a tree nut allergy. I had been lacking out on a few of my now favourite cookies, like our chewy chocolate chip cookies, pecan shortbread cookies and even our low carb snicker-doodle recipe. You higher imagine I can be making all three of those recipes this vacation season!
Personalizing Keto Biscotti
There are some ways to boost and create your superb biscotti. We love including in inventive combine -ins for a novel taste profile. Some low carb addition concepts are:
- Chocolate Chips – Sugar free chocolate chips make an awesome addition to those biscottis. One of the most effective methods to incorporate them is, chopping up chocolate chips or a bar of keto chocolate. Then you may have one thing virtually like chocolate chunks which soften fantastically in keto recipes.
- Almond Extract – If you need an additional almond-y taste, sub almond extract for the vanilla extract. It does have a robust taste, however when you like almond extract in truffles and muffins you’re positive to adore it in these biscottis.
- Macadamia and “White Chocolate”- There are actually many manufacturers that make low carb white sweets that are good for baking in keto recipes. Chopping macadamia nuts sufficiently small and mixing them into the batter with white chocolate will actually be a scrumptious deal with!
- Sliced Almonds – If you like an even bigger piece than simply chopped almonds attempt sliced almonds. They add a pleasant crunch whereas nonetheless being skinny and delicate(AKA simple to slice via). Dip half the biscotti in keto chocolate after it has cooled and you’ve got an additional scrumptious deal with!
Whatever mix-ins you selected to make use of, be sure they’re chopped fairly small in order that there isn’t a issues slicing via the biscotti and having it break.
Chocolate Dipped Biscotti
A good way so as to add some further flare to biscotti is by dipping them in chocolate. Doing a midway dip or drizzle provides an additional layer of richness. For this recipe we love darkish chocolate and almonds as a half dip pair, however you should use something from white chocolate to darkish chocolate. So the best way to go about dipping?
- Make positive your biscotti is COMPLETELY cooled. If you don’t wait it would break whereas dipping.
- Begin by melting a half of C of sugar free chocolate chips or a bar of chocolate in a mug. I do that within the microwave and add in about 1tbsp of butter whereas it’s melting. Melt slowly stirring ceaselessly as a result of chocolate burns in a short time. The secret is taking it out and persevering with to stir BEFORE the chips have fully melted. The residual warmth will proceed to soften them.
- Now’s the enjoyable half! Carefully dip your biscotti into the mug of melted chocolate and swirl slowly in order that the chocolate reaches half approach up the biscotti. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and permit 15-20 minutes for the chocolate to set within the fridge or 30-40 on the counter.
- Alternatively for a neater processes comply with the steps above and drizzle on prime as a substitute. Still, ensure that there may be parchment or wax paper beneath so that they don’t stick.
Making Keto Biscotti
While this recipe takes slightly extra work than some it’s 100% value your time. Easy to make recipes are enjoyable, however ones that take slightly further time take advantage of scrumptious treats. This nice recipe will take you again to conventional biscotti and recent espresso. So seize your cooks hat and let’s get on to baking.
Let’s discuss what makes these biscottis so darn good! Like any scrumptious deal with, these biscottis begin with prime quality elements to develop wealthy flavors and a robust crunch.
- 1 cup almonds, uncooked– We can be chopping these finely with a view to create a pleasant nutty chew. If you don’t need the additional almonds or simply wish to attempt one other recipe, take a shot at some completely different mix-ins like chocolate, macadamia nuts, or sliced almonds (NOT slivered they’re too massive/thick nonetheless).
- 1 1/three cup almond flour– In this recipe we used finely milled almond flour because it has a lighter and powdery-er consistency. Almond meal is slightly too massive in grain measurement and will stop the biscotti from correctly compacting
- 2 tbsp floor golden flaxseed meal– Flaxseed meal gives a pleasant heat and golden taste which provides beautiful depth to this recipe
- three tbsp coconut flour– Just like almond flour this ingredient is essential. It will assist to thicken and bind the biscotti
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- half of tsp Pink Himalayan Salt– Himalayan salt brings out the sweetness of recipes with out being overly refined and inflicting a rise in blood stress
- 1 cup erythritol– Erythritol is a keto pleasant sweetener that acts because the sugar substitute on this recipe.
- 25 drops liquid stevia– We desire to make use of a mixture of stevia and erythritol as they stability one another out effectively, with out inflicting abdomen misery
- 2 giant eggs
- half of cup butter, melted– If you possibly can, we advocate grass fed butter like kerrygold. It has a pleasant golden shade with richer taste that basically shines via within the recipe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– Don’t skimp on vanilla. Even although it doesn’t seem to be a lot, slightly little bit of vanilla provides a pleasant bit of additional taste and candy notes.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Then Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner (Large baking sheets work finest). We love silpat mats as a result of they supply a non -stick floor with none waste. Next we wish to toast the almonds. Spread them on a separate baking sheet and toast within the oven for about 10-12 minutes. Once baked, take away from oven and let cool. Once they’re cooled you possibly can chop and set them apart.
Mixing it Up
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the dry elements. You’ll want the 2 flours, flaxseed, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and erythritol. Next, In a separate bowl whisk collectively the eggs, stevia, melted butter and vanilla extract utilizing a hand mixer. Add within the dry combination combining till absolutely integrated. Fold within the cooled, chopped almonds and permit the batter to take a seat for five minutes. By letting it sit we enable time for the coconut flour to soak up among the moisture and create a extra structured dough.
To get the dough prepared for baking start by dividing it in half. Place halves facet by facet on the lined giant cookie sheet, leaving just a few inches between (dough will unfold out when cooked). Form every half right into a log form. Bake for about 30 minutes or till golden brown in shade and agency. Let the “cookie base” cool for 20 minutes. Then, utilizing a serrated knife, CAREFULLY slice the “loaf” into ½-inch thick slices. You don’t wish to snap them in half so minimize very rigorously.
Baking Round 2
It’s the ultimate stretch! Place the slices, minimize facet down, on the baking sheet once more and bake for one more 15 – 20 minutes. Be cautious when you’re shifting the minimize cookies again on to the cookie sheet, they will break simply. If you chop them on the sheet, nonetheless flip rigorously. Once executed and flippantly browned, take away them from the oven and permit to chill. Leaving on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then shifting to a wire rack to chill fully. The longer they cool the crispier they are going to get.
Keto Biscotti Storage
This scrumptious low carb gluten free biscotti is finest saved in an air tight zip lock bag in your counter. If you’ve ever puzzled the best way to make the proper low carb biscotti now ! So go forward eat one or two…. or perhaps the entire batch. On second thought… You might wish to lock away the leftovers. Good luck!
How Long do Keto Biscotti Last?
If you wish to make this recipe for breakfast all week, go forward! They will final about 1 week if saved in the best situations. That means hermetic containers and on the counter. This approach moisture gained’t get in and begin to make them lose their crunch. If they do begin to lose their crunch it’s not an enormous deal since they are going to nonetheless style scrumptious, however you possibly can attempt re-toasting within the oven for a couple of minutes to assist.
Holiday Keto Biscotti
This recipe is a should have for Thanksgiving and Christmas! They are flavorful, pair completely with a cup of espresso within the morning or after dinner, and the most effective half, they’re low carb! Indulging throughout the vacation season doesn’t imply it’s a must to break free from you wholesome way of life. We’ve created a straightforward Keto Biscotti recipe so you possibly can have your biscotti and eat it too 🙂
Recipe may be rapidly added to MyFitnessPal – Search “KetoConnect – Keto Biscotti”
An Italian, twice baked, crunchy cookie that’s finest served dipped in espresso.
Total Time 2 hours
Servings 25 Biscotti
Calories per serving 113kcal
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooling Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a big baking tray with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 10-12 minutes. When baked, take away from oven, chop, and put aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the almond flour, flaxseed, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and erythritol.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, stevia, melted butter and extract utilizing a hand mixer. Add within the dry combination and mix till absolutely integrated.
Fold in cooled, chopped almonds. Allow batter to take a seat for five minutes (to permit to coconut flour to soak up among the moisture).
Divide dough into half. Place halves facet by facet on a big cookie sheet, leaving just a few inches between (dough will unfold out when cooked). Form every half right into a log form.
Bake for about 30 minutes or till golden brown in shade and agency. Let cool for 20 minutes. Using a serrated knife, minimize into ½-inch thick slices.
Place cookies, minimize facet down, on the baking sheet and bake for one more 15 – 20 minutes. Be cautious when you’re shifting the minimize cookies to the cookie sheet as a result of they break simply.
Remove from oven and funky on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to chill fully. The longer they cool the crispier they are going to get.
Best saved in an air tight zip prime bag in your counter prime. Enjoy!
Net Carbs: 2g
Serving Size: 1 Biscotti
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.