Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – a number of the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I’ll earn a bit of money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t value you something further, and is a pleasant means to assist assist this website! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t truly tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
Even although this February is without doubt one of the warmest on file right here in MA, it’s nonetheless chilly sufficient to warrant making a brand new batch of soup each week (a minimum of!). The one I’ve been making continuous this month is a peanut butter soup that depends on Thai purple curry paste for the remainder of the flavour. This low carb vegan peanut butter purple curry soup is very easy to make (particularly in an instant pot!), filling and scrumptious, so I hope that you just take pleasure in it as a lot as I do!
One of the issues that stops me from making plenty of recipes both in cookbooks or on-line is seeing a listing of 20 elements, half of which I don’t personal and for which I’ll doubtless by no means discover one other use. So, like with a lot of the recipes right here, I’ve tried to make use of as few elements as potential to nonetheless create one thing tasty, so we each don’t need to go bankrupt to make dinner! In line with that, this recipe solely wants the next:
- peanut butter
- Thai purple curry paste
- vegetable broth
- sprouted tofu
- cauliflower and/or broccoli
If you don’t like these greens, you can actually use no matter you need. You additionally don’t have so as to add the mushrooms, when you don’t like them. While not mandatory, I do like so as to add some garnish, however that may actually be no matter you’re feeling will go effectively with this. There’s no rule about what so as to add, it’s simply primarily based by yourself preferences. Some garnishes I like so as to add (although not all of sudden) are:
- lime zest and/or juice
- chopped peanuts
- purple pepper flakes
You’ll see within the footage that I’ve added scallions and peanuts to the highest of those, in addition to lime juice (although that’s probably not seen). This is often what I add to dishes made with purple curry paste, as I all the time have these items readily available.
Notes on Making Low Carb Vegan Peanut Red Curry Soup
- The curry paste I exploit is the one from Thai Kitchen. And sure, I did purchase it within the large dimension, as a result of I truly use it fairly typically. This one is vegan, however there are positively some on the market that aren’t, so checking labels is a good suggestion!
- I exploit sprouted tofu for two causes: it’s simpler on my digestive system and decrease in carbs. The one I purchase is named Wildwood, however you too can get one from Trader Joe’s.
- I prefer to eat this curry as-is, however it’s additionally nice over cauli-rice!
- This recipe makes Three servings, however can very simply be doubled. 🙂
- I’ve made this with each recent and frozen greens. Both work nice!
- If you’ll be able to’t eat soy, hemp tofu is an efficient choice. You may additionally use no matter meat substitute you need right here.
- If you’ll be able to’t eat peanut butter, you can use sunflower seed butter, almond butter and even soy nut butter right here. Just you’ll want to examine the label for added sugar!
- I say “2-3 minutes” right here as a result of regardless that the timing is a bit of totally different, that further minute is a LOT. If you need the greens to be barely “al dente,” go along with 2 minutes. At Three minutes, they’re mush, however the tofu is barely firmer. I’d advocate attempting at 2 minutes first, as a result of you’ll be able to all the time warmth it a bit of longer within the IP.
- If you don’t have an instant pot, simply simmer the entire elements collectively in a lined pot for about 20 minutes, till the greens have softened a bit. Be positive to stir it in order that the curry paste and peanut butter totally combine.
- While I attempt to supply correct diet info, totally different manufacturers have totally different nutrient values, so your calculations could differ!
Low Carb Vegan Peanut Butter Red Curry Soup (gluten-free, instant pot recipe)
This warming soup is tremendous straightforward to make in your instant pot, wealthy in protein and scrumptious! It’s additionally gluten-free and simply adaptable to accommodate allergy symptoms.
- 1/four cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/four cup (60g) Thai purple curry paste
- 2 cups (480ml) vegetable broth
- ~8oz/225g tofu
- 1 cup (100g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (200g) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (70g) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Optional garnish: crushed peanuts, scallions, basil, parsley, lime juice/zest, purple pepper flakes
- Mix the peanut butter, curry paste and broth within the IP and set to “saute.” Heat and stir till every thing is mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add within the remaining elements, cowl and stress cook dinner on excessive for 2-Three minutes (see notes).
- De-pressurize utilizing both the “natural” or “hybrid” methodology. I often use the hybrid methodology – let sit for about 10 minutes, then open the valve and launch the remaining stress.
- Garnish and serve!
Cooking for two minutes leaves the veggies extra intact, whereas at Three minutes they’re fairly smooth. The tofu is a bit of chewier at Three minutes, although.