This keto rooster recipe hails from my favourite weekly meals subscription, Plated. It’s tremendous easy and it was scrumptious. It has fundamental elements: rooster, lemon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
I did make the entire recipe for P and I, which was not keto-friendly (grapes roasted with shallots and balsamic vinegar) however I ate the rooster and added a child arugula salad tossed w/ olive oil + lemon juice as a facet.
According to my recipe card, “cooking en Papillote is a French technique in which meals is sealed in a parchment pouch and baked.” Pure genius. I’ve by no means cooked rooster in a bag earlier than, however I’ll now! This tremendous easy rooster got here out as moist and scrumptious as ever.
Here are the elements for 2 servings:
- 2 rooster breasts
- 1 lemon
- four sprigs of thyme
- parchment paper
For 12 carbs (per serving), you may seize 4 fingerling potatoes, drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper, and put them underneath the rooster because it cooks. Otherwise, that is a delightfully zero carb dinner.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Season your rooster with salt and pepper on each side.
2. Slice the lemon into 4 rounds.
three. Lay down a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, nearly double the size of the pan.
four. Lay down the rooster and prime every with two rounds of lemon. Place two sprigs of thyme on every of the lemons.
5. Fold the perimeters of the parchment across the rooster, so that each one sides are rolled up and sealed. The course of contains steaming the rooster, so ensure the whole lot is sealed!
6. Cook for about 30 minutes or till the rooster reaches 180 levels. I caught a thermometer proper by the paper after 30 minutes to take the temperature with out opening the “bag”.
7. Open the papillotes fastidiously, be careful for steam! Now, plate and revel in!
Thanks once more to Plated for one more wonderful dinner. I did strive one of many roasted grapes and so they have been out of this world. Unfortunately, a serving was 16 carbs, so I caught to my rooster. I additionally added a child arugula salad and squeezed a lemon over it, added a little olive oil and crushed some salt over it. Another delish and easy recipe I discovered from Plated. I swear they don’t pay me to say these items. 🙂
(Visited 764 instances, 13 visits at present)