Have you heard of engagement hen? The famed recipe has circled magazines and the web for years, and the story surrounding it entails a girl awaiting a proposal who roasted a hen for dinner hoping to encourage her boyfriend to pop the query. While that is candy and all, instances have undoubtedly modified. No one wants to sit down round ready for somebody to suggest now! However, years in the past, I whipped up a recipe that led to an surprising marriage proposal. The particulars are completely different, as I wasn’t anxiously awaiting the query, however the outcomes had been the identical. What did I make? Pasta with a creamy, garlicky bacon Alfredo sauce.
The sauce is a hybrid between a carbonara and an Alfredo. It borrows the bacon and caramelized onions from the previous whereas skipping the eggs and including cream for a decidedly decadent twist. The recipe comes collectively simply, and the substances are versatile and adaptive to low-carb, gluten-free, and vegetarian diets. It’s simply as scrumptious over zucchini noodles, and the bacon could be omitted to make this a spectacular meatless choice. No matter the way you select to adapt it, it simply may make you do large issues too! See the complete recipe under.
Don’t be afraid to combine this recipe up and use what you may have. Fontina and asiago cheeses work superbly on this dish. If utilizing bacon, center-cut is greatest.
1 stick of butter
1 half cups heavy cream
1/four cup garlic powder
three/four cup parmesan cheese
half cup Romano cheese
half teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon black pepper
16-ounce field of dry fettuccine noodles
Sea salt (for water)
7 slices of center-cut bacon
half candy onion, diced
- Set your oven to 400°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (foil additionally works). Place 7 strips of bacon on the parchment on the left facet of the pan, and add diced onions to the suitable facet of the pan.
- Place within the oven and cook dinner for about 15-20 minutes. (Make certain to look at your onions and stir as wanted. If the bacon completes cooking first, take away it from pan with tongs and drain it on a paper towel whereas the onions end up. The onions must be flippantly brown to optimize sweetness.)
- Cook each till completed, then drain them on a paper towel when full.
- When cool sufficient to deal with, tear the bacon into items. Set it apart.
- As the bacon and onions cook dinner, deliver a big pot of water to boil and salt as a rolling boil begins. Add the pasta when the water is boiling vigorously.
- Cook in accordance with package deal instructions.
- Drain the pasta when al dente.
- In a steel saucepan, start melting the butter over medium-low warmth.
- After the butter has melted, add within the heavy cream. Allow the combination to come back collectively in a delicate effervescent boil.
- Add within the cheeses. Stir till every thing is melted and mixed.
- Add within the pepper, garlic, and nutmeg. Keep it on medium-low warmth.
- The sauce will thicken. Continue to cook dinner till the pasta is full.
- Pour the cream sauce over the cooked and drained pasta. Combine.
- Add within the onions and bacon. Stir.
- Taste and add salt as wanted. Bacon is of course salty, so the quantity of salt you want is a private alternative. Reserving it for the tip is greatest.
- Let the pasta relaxation for five minutes. Serve and luxuriate in!
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Rachel Alger